Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Baby peas cooked with onions and seasoning.
Make and share this Petit Pois (Cajun Baby Peas) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄2 cup grated onion
- 1⁄4 cup grated celery
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- cayenne pepper, to taste
- 2 (14 ounce) cans baby peas (petit pois)
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 piece pimiento, diced
- In a heavy pot, melt the butter, then add the onion, celery, and seasonings.
- Cook, uncovered, over medium heat, until onions are wilted.
- Add peas.
- Dissolve cornstarch in cold water and add to pot, stirring constantly.
- Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for about 10 minutes.
- Add pimiento.
Very tasty! I made this as written using frozen petite peas and definately one I will make again and again. Thank you! Made for TOTM Diabetes forum.
Wasn't sure I wanted to be this heavy handed with my delicate garden fresh petit pois but it was lovely. I'll do it again next year. I used olive oil and roasted red pepper.
Love these! I added a little sugar, since I think peas ought to have a little sweetness. Very good, thanks for sharing!