- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄2 cup grated onion
- 1⁄4 cup grated celery
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- cayenne pepper, to taste
- 2 (14 ounce) cans baby peas (petit pois)
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 piece pimiento, diced
Directions See How It's Made
- In a heavy pot, melt the butter, then add the onion, celery, and seasonings.
- Cook, uncovered, over medium heat, until onions are wilted.
- Add peas.
- Dissolve cornstarch in cold water and add to pot, stirring constantly.
- Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for about 10 minutes.
- Add pimiento.