Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Found this one at the Nestle website. I order these whenever I find them out. Now I can make my own easily.
- 1 (17 1/4 ounce) package frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 cup chocolate chips, divided
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease 2 baking sheets.
- Unfold 1 pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Roll out to make a 10" square.
- Cut into 4 squares. Place 2 Tbs. of chocolate chips in center of each square.
- Brush edges lightly with beaten egg and fold to form a triangle. Press the edges to seal.
- Place on prepared baking sheets about 2 inches apart. Repeat with remaining pastry sheet.
- Brush tops of each pastry with beaten egg.
- Bake for 15-17 minute or until puffed and golden. Cool on baking sheets for 2 min; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Melt the semisweet chocolate and butter in small, microwave safe bowl on HIGH for 30 seconds; stir. If necessary, microwave an additional 10-15 seconds, stirring just until melted.
- Stir in powdered sugar. Add water, stirring until icing is smooth, adding additional water if necessary.
- Drizzle icing over pastries.
My kids loved these. They are easy to make with great results. The only changes I made were that I used milk chocolate chips for the filling and for the glaze, I just melted more chocolate chips. Thanks for the recipe.
I made these using a tablespoon of Nutella. Excellent.
Super delicious, unbelievably easy and fast enough to make for breakfast before class. Thanks so much for sharing! (I too made it without the drizzle, but it definitely wasn't missing anything.)