Prep 20 mins
Cook 7 mins
This is a terribly easy to make recipe of a delicious mini chocolate cake with a delicious creamy filling
- 125 g dark chocolate
- 125 g unsalted butter
- 3 eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon Cointreau liqueur or 1 tablespoon vanilla extract (if you don't like liqueur substitute with vanilla extract)
- Break the chocolate and butter into small pieces, melt them on the microwave under"defrost" for about two minutes, Don't let it stand too long on the microwave to avoid burning the chocolate.
- With a spoon mix the melted chocolate and butter until smooth.
- On a separate bowl, mix the eggs, egg's yolks and sugar.
- Beat the mixture on a mixer until almost doubled its size and has a firm consistency.
- Get the melted chocolate and butter mixture and start pouring it in small bits into the bowl with the beaten eggs and keeping beating it gentle and slowly, until it forms one smooth uniform mixture.
- While you still beating the mixture (in a low speed), sprinkles the flour on it and stop the beating after the flour gets incorporated in the mixture.
- turn off the mixer and stir in the cointreau.
- Get the muffin baking sheet with 6/8 holes, rub a little bit of butter and sprinkle flour on the sides of each hole, It will help to get the mini cake out of the mold later(use induvidual muffins sheets, it gives a little bit of more work to do but it is much easier to take the muffin out of the mold).
- Pour the mixture into the mold almost to the top(leave 1cm or so, just for precaution of spelling the dough.
- Pre-heat the oven for about 15 minutes.(low temperature, around 180C.
- On the low heat(180c) put the muffin sheet for about 5 minutes, 7 on the most.(Keep trying to find out the perfect timing that works for you)
- After taking the baking sheet out of the oven let it rest of 2 to 3 minutes and then turn it upside down on a plate (The mini cakes should be hard on the outside enough to hold its original shape and all creamy and melted inside)Get each little cake with caution for not breaking them and put on individual plates.
- Put a ball of vanilla ice-cream on the side, Serve while it is hot!
- P.S.when you spoon the mini cake it will open and a rich creamy filling will pour out.
Amazing recipe! The cakes taste even better than the ones you get in most restaurants. Everyone loves it! Easy and on the spot.
Usually I divide it by 3, since there's only my fiancee and me in my house and the regular amount can last for a week.
Lucious cake, firm on the outside, warm and creamy inside. Looks like you slaved away all day but the directions are easy. I will definitely make this again. it's a keeper! Thanks for posting.