A delightful dish for a weekend breakfast or brunch.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 fluid ounces milk
- 2 small eggs, separated
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh lemon rind, grated
- 4 slices French bread
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tart apple, peeled,cored and sliced
- 4 fluid ounces bottled water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 12 ounces smoked sausage, sliced
- 1 -2 ounce onion, minced
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon, mixed with sugar
- maple syrup
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2Whisk together milk, egg yolks and lemon rind.
- 3Soak break slices in egg mixture until saturated.
- 4Whisk egg whites until frothy.
- 5Dip soaked bread in whites and then dredge them in breadcrumbs.
- 6Arrange on greased cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes, and then turn and bake for another 10 minutes.
- 7While toast is baking, place apple slices in small saucepan with the water and lemon juice; then bring to a boil and remove from heat.
- 8Sauté sausage and onions together until crispy brown.
- 9To serve, sprinkle toast with sugar/cinnamon mixture, cover with cooked, drained apple slices, sautéed sausage and onions.
- 10Serve with maple syrup.
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Petit Dejeuner
Serving Size: 1 (279 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 659.2
- Calories from Fat 308
- Total Fat 34.3 g
- Saturated Fat 12.0 g
- Cholesterol 143.8 mg
- Sodium 1883.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 31.0 g