Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
My kids love helping out with this cake--and we all love eating it! It's best after sitting for a day.
- 100 g dark chocolate
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 200 g butter
- 3 eggs, separated
- 250 g white cheese
- 100 g sugar
- 350 g petit beurre biscuits (regular or chocolate-flavored)
- milk or wine or liqueur, for dipping
- Prepare the cream:
- In a double boiler, melt chocolate and mix in the 5 tablespoons sugar ,the milk, cocoa powder, instant coffee granules and butter.
- Remove from the heat and mix in the yolks and then the cheese until consistent and creamy.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until stiff, then gradually add the 100g sugar until shiny. Gently fold in the chocolate cream.
- Dip biscuits in milk/wine/liqueur and place in a Pyrex pan. Spread on the chocolate cream and repeat for two more layers.
- Add grated milk chocolate on top to make the cake more decorative.