Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
It was the Fall of 1987 when Pete Nyhus walked into our office, just to visit. We started talking about breakfast, and he reached into a wastepaper basket and pulled out a scrap of teletype paper. He wrote out this recipe, and my family has never used pre-mix since.
- 473.18 ml flour
- 44.37 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml salt
- 29.58 ml baking powder
- 2 eggs, beat them separately before adding to mixture
- 59.14 ml butter, melted (1/8 of a pound)
- 414.03 ml milk
- Mix the dry items first.
- Combine the eggs and melted butter to the milk and slowly stir into the flour mixture.
- Let sit at least 10 minutes while heating the pan.
- These will be high, but light and fluffy -- .
very easy to make,about 5 minutes. the recipe made 9 pancakes 6 inchs round fluffy very light. I was pleased that butter and syrup didn't "water log" the cakes. You could add any fruit in this recipe. Overall these were the best I've ever made. thank you dansa111
I made these pancakes this morning for the family and they were great! I found them to be light and cakey. I think the melted butter is what made them so delicious. I'll be using this recipe from now on. Thanks Bill. :)
best pancake recipe i have tried... last time i made them w/frozen blueberries and this weekend i made them w/sliced strawberries. both were excellent