Recipe by Jenny Kivisto
A wonderful way to spice up leftover steak. Being someone who doesn't care very much for meat, I was surprised at how fantastic these sandwiches were when my step-dad made them. They're sure to be a hit!
Top Review by groovey blonde
this was great! i improvised.... had left over steak (seasoned with seasonal, fresh ground pepper and kosher salt). i used white chedder cheese, and added thinly sliced green peppers to the onion/garlic/ meat mix, and unfortunately no kaiser rolls- just hamburger buns. it turned out wonderful! i would stay away from the ranch! i tried without first then added a bit on the second half. i thought it took away from the other flavors and just didnt belong on the sandwich! thanks for the left over steak idea! will make again.
- 1 small steak (already barbequed)
- 2 small onions
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 kaiser rolls
- 8 slices mozzarella cheese
- kraft ranch dressing (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut steak into strips.
- Slice onions into rings and fry with garlic.
- Add steak and finish when onions are brown.
- While frying mixture, cut buns halfway open and top one side with 2 slices mozzarella Toast buns till cheese is melted.
- Fill buns with steak mixture and top with desired amount of ranch dressing and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot and enjoy!