Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A wonderful way to spice up leftover steak. Being someone who doesn't care very much for meat, I was surprised at how fantastic these sandwiches were when my step-dad made them. They're sure to be a hit!
- 1 small steak (already barbequed)
- 2 small onions
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 kaiser rolls
- 8 slices mozzarella cheese
- kraft ranch dressing (optional)
- Cut steak into strips.
- Slice onions into rings and fry with garlic.
- Add steak and finish when onions are brown.
- While frying mixture, cut buns halfway open and top one side with 2 slices mozzarella Toast buns till cheese is melted.
- Fill buns with steak mixture and top with desired amount of ranch dressing and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
this was great! i improvised.... had left over steak (seasoned with seasonal, fresh ground pepper and kosher salt). i used white chedder cheese, and added thinly sliced green peppers to the onion/garlic/ meat mix, and unfortunately no kaiser rolls- just hamburger buns. it turned out wonderful! i would stay away from the ranch! i tried without first then added a bit on the second half. i thought it took away from the other flavors and just didnt belong on the sandwich! thanks for the left over steak idea! will make again.
This might be good, but it is not a philly cheese steak. A philly cheese steak does not use barbequed steak cut into strips, mozzarella cheese or ranch dressing.