Recipe by Chabear01
We have a small restaurant here in our area that serves less than superb food at extravagant prices. Yet they have a salad dressing there that is good enough to serve at a 5 star Fine Dining place. I have finally developed a copy cat of this dressing that is pretty close to what they have. Make this a day ahead and whisk it up again prior to serving. This makes 3 pints; I keep two and give one away to one of my friends. The two pints never lasts that long around here...so you may find that you will want to keep all three.
Top Review by threeovens
Very easy to make with ingredients I usually have on hand. The second time I made it, I used Splenda in place of the sugar and it was still delicious! I don't "get" the garbanzo beans, but I like to add them to salads anyway, so what the hey!
- 2 1⁄2 cups catsup
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained, rinsed, and roughly chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk all ingredients togeather until sugar is dissolved and oil well emulsified with other ingredients.
- Put into 2 pint jars.
- Refrigerate overnight allowing ingredients to marry.
- Take jar of dressing out of refrigerator and allow it to sit for at least 15 to 30 minutes.
- Shake jar well prior to serving over a nice green salad.