My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
UNDER SKIN STUFFING
- 2 avocados
- 1 lime, juice and zest of
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1Preheat oven to 180C/350°F.
- 2Line a roasting pan with foil (makes for easier clean-up).
- 3Rinse and pat dry the chicken. Sit the chicken in the pan and season with salt and pepper.
- 4Cut the avocados in half, remove the stones and scoop out the flesh with a spoon into a bowl.
- 5Roughly mash the avocado so that you still have some small chunks. Add the remaining stuffing ingredients, mix together and taste for seasoning.
- 6Stuff the mixture between the skin and flesh as best you can all over the chicken. It's OK if some is sticking out.
- 7Mix the ingredients for the coating and drizzle or brush the honey mixture all over the chicken skin.
- 8Bake the chicken for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, depending on its size, basting occasionally with any juices in the pan or with any leftover honey mixture.
- 9Remove from oven when done and allow to rest 5-10 minutes before carving.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peter's Whole Roasted Avocado Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (216 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 375.8
- Calories from Fat 237
- Total Fat 26.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 53.4 mg
- Sodium 209.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.0 g
- Sugars 14.2 g
- Protein 14.8 g