Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Hubby cooks on the weekends so he tries to come up with something different each time. The sour cream in this helps to keep the pork moist and tender. Measurements are a guess as he didn't keep track of how much he used.
- 4 pork chops (with bone, about an inch thick)
- salt and black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 3 garlic cloves (finely minced or grated)
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard (we used wholegrain)
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree (or paste)
- Preheat the grill/broiler.
- Line your grill pan with foil (for easy clean-up) and sit the rack on the foil.
- Season the chops with salt and pepper and set on the rack.
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, ginger, garlic, mustard and tomato puree.
- Brush half of the mixture on chops.
- Cook under the grill for about 5-7 minutes. Remove pan and flip over the chops. Brush with remaining mixture and grill for another 5-7 minutes until pork is no longer pink inside.
I didn't eat these as I do not like pork, but my pork-a-holic hubby made them and was not impressed at all.
CQ please tell Peter his Garlic Ginger Pork recipe is very good!! I used a large butterflied pork tenderloin and a prepared mustard - grainy with horseradish, the pork was juicy and tender. Definitely will make this again.