Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
My son, Peter, really misses his "glutened" cookies. These are easy to make (for an 8 year old) and makes life without gluten a little bit easier. Megan, my baking friend-extraordinaire, gave me the recipe, and I wanted to share it with the rest of my family & friends who always ask "What can I make for Peter?"
- 1 cup chunky peanut butter (we use Maranatha or Earth Balance...REAL peanut butter)
- 1 cup brown sugar (I only have dark brown in the house, but I'm sure golden brown is fine)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate chips (original recipe says 6 oz., but 1 c. is a good "theme" & easy for a young boy to remember as he bake)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix everything but chips in mixing bowl.
- Fold in chips.
- Form dough by tablespoons into balls.
- Arrange 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 10-12 minutes.