Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Another of MS O'Conner's recipes from Easter Treats. Thrill your own Flopsy, Mopsy, and Cottontail with a basketful of baby veggies ready for dipping, just don't let Mr. McGregor catch you taking from his garden...
FOR THE DIP
- 1 1⁄4 cups sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 -4 tablespoons finely minced shallots
- 2 green onions, white and tender green part only, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 2 -3 drops Tabasco sauce
FOR THE DIPPING BOWL
- 1 medium head of cabbage, outer leaves still attached
- 1 lb baby carrots, find them with tops still attached if you can
- 1 lb radish
- curly kale or purple flowering kale leaf
- MAKE DIP:.
- Stir together all the dip ingredients in a large bowl, Cover and chill for anywhere from l hour to 2 days.
- MAKE DIPPING BOW:.
- Place the cabbage, stem side down, on a counter top. Push aside (but do not remove) the larger outer leaves and cut of the top of the cabbage. Using a paring knife, carefully carve out the inner portion of the cabbage to form a bowl. Reserve the carved-out portion for another recipe. Scrub the carrots and radishes, but do not peel.
- Line a flat basket with kale leaves. Spoon the dip into the cabbage and place it in the center of the basket. Surround the cabbage with the carrots and radishes.
- Serve at once.
This is a really great dip! The whole family enjoyed this dip. Such a nice fresh taste. I served this with radishes, carrots, snap peas and broccoli. Of course my kids had potato chips with it. Made for the Bargain Basement tag game.