Recipe by ThatBobbieGirl
Well, it may not be "THE" Peter Piper's recipe for those famous Pickled Peppers, but if it's not, he'd better consider adopting this one instead. Make up a couple jars and keep in the fridge for the crispest peppers. For longer storage, you can process in a boiling water bath. Absolutely WONDERFUL on a roast beef sandwich (hot or cold) or with steak or burgers.
Directions See How It's Made
- Carefully wash green peppers and remove seeds.
- Slice and pack in STERILIZED pint-sized canning jars with 2 to 3 cloves of garlic, 2 bay leaves, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in each jar.
- Bring equal parts of water and vinegar to a boil and pour over peppers in jars.
- Seal immediately.
- Cool and store in refrigerator.
- Keeps for a few months.
- For longer storage, process for 10 minutes in a boiling water bath.