- 1 lb spaghetti
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 1 teaspoon vegetarian bouillon powder
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon szechuan hot bean sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 cup dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- 2⁄3 cup zucchini, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Meanwhile, heat a large, lightly oiled wok or skillet. Add and steam-fry the green (spring) onions and garlic for about 2 minutes. Add the water, broth powder, cornstarch, soy sauce, ketchup, vinegar, chili paste and sugar to the pan.
- Stir until it boils.
- Add the peanuts, cucumber and spinach. Stir quickly over high heat until everything is hot. Drain the pasta and add to the wok or skillet. Toss quickly and serve immediately.