Vegan pancakes from the good people at PETA. For an added treat, stir bits of fresh or dried fruit, nuts, or-yum!-chocolate chips into the batter.
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Mix in the soy milk and oil, and, with an electric mixer or wire whisk, beat just until the batter is smooth.
- Measure 1/3 cup batter onto a hot, oiled griddle.
- When bubbles appear on the upper surface of the pancake (in about 2 minutes), lift with a spatula and flip the pancake.
- Cook the pancake for another 2 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and keep warm while you make the remaining pancakes.
- Serve warm with maple syrup or fruit syrup.