Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Vegan pancakes from the good people at PETA. For an added treat, stir bits of fresh or dried fruit, nuts, or-yum!-chocolate chips into the batter.
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Mix in the soy milk and oil, and, with an electric mixer or wire whisk, beat just until the batter is smooth.
- Measure 1/3 cup batter onto a hot, oiled griddle.
- When bubbles appear on the upper surface of the pancake (in about 2 minutes), lift with a spatula and flip the pancake.
- Cook the pancake for another 2 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and keep warm while you make the remaining pancakes.
- Serve warm with maple syrup or fruit syrup.
Mijam, unlike Bono of the U2 band, I've finally "found what I'm looking for"... an eggles pancake recipe that looks and tastes just like those made with eggs! I used a combination of all-purpose and whole wheat flour, and regular milk. I had two of these very hearty pancakes with maple syrup, along with a cup of Cafe Vienna (#514) for a wonderful Sunday brunch. Next time I'll dress up these pancakes with fruit bits or chocolate chips, like you suggested, and probably will have only 1, 'coz I just can't move now... I'm so happily stuffed! :-) Thank you so much for this!
Great alternative for people who are lactose intolerant or alergic to milk.
Disappointing. There's far too much baking powder in this recipe, so the pancakes came out fluffy and looked nice, but tasted salty and tangy. Don't waste your time or ingredients.