Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This may have originated with Three Dog Cafe, but was passed on to me. All the dogs who tested them loved them. Easy, cheap to make. I usually cook 1 lb of meat and freeze in 1 cup containers for future use.High Altitude: add 2 Tbl flour and cook 30-35 minutes at 360 degrees.
- 1 cup ground turkey or 1 cup ground chicken
- 2 cups white flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons tarragon
- heat oven to 375* Grease cookie sheets.
- Cook turkey and crumble into bowl with wet ingredients.
- Mix dry ingredients into separate bowl.
- Add the dry to the wet and mix thoroughly.
- Turn out on floured surface and roll to 1/2 inch thick.
- Cut with bone cutters or what ever cutters you want.
- Place on cookie sheets; bake about 15-20 minutes.
- Cool on racks.
- Store covered in refrigerator.
What a treat for my "fur baby" Doggie! Made these for all the dogs in our neighborhood! They all Loved them and me)! Cheap and Easy, Great recipe! Will make these often!
My dog flipped over these. She was drooling so much at one point while she was waiting that she sprayed when she barked (usually not much of a drooler!)
Dog approved! I didn't bother pre-cooking the raw ground chicken since it was already going in the oven for 15-20 minutes. Animals everywhere thank you, Alberta, for posting two good critter recipes.