Recipe by mitzisami
This may have originated with Three Dog Cafe, but was passed on to me. All the dogs who tested them loved them. Easy, cheap to make. I usually cook 1 lb of meat and freeze in 1 cup containers for future use.High Altitude: add 2 Tbl flour and cook 30-35 minutes at 360 degrees.
- 1 cup ground turkey or 1 cup ground chicken
- 2 cups white flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons tarragon
Directions See How It's Made
- heat oven to 375* Grease cookie sheets.
- Cook turkey and crumble into bowl with wet ingredients.
- Mix dry ingredients into separate bowl.
- Add the dry to the wet and mix thoroughly.
- Turn out on floured surface and roll to 1/2 inch thick.
- Cut with bone cutters or what ever cutters you want.
- Place on cookie sheets; bake about 15-20 minutes.
- Cool on racks.
- Store covered in refrigerator.