These quick 'n easy quesadillas are perfect for the late night snacker with discriminating tastes, or the bachelor/ette cooking for one. (though multiples are entirely possible - cooking them simultaneously will surely take balancing!). When cut into smaller wedges, these are also ideal as appetizers, and can be served between warm and room temperature. (*a plus to serve on St. Patty's day, as all the ingredients are GREEN!)
- Cut zucchini into 1/2 cm wedges and sauté until outsides begin to get slightly crispy.
- Meanwhile, spray a large skillet with Pam, turn the stove to medium-low heat, and lay down your tortilla.
- Coat the entire tortilla with a thin coat of pesto.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese.
- When zucchini is done, spread pieces over one half of the tortilla.
- Cut avocado into slices and spread evenly over zucchini.
- Fold over quesadilla, and turn heat up to medium-high.
- Flip occasionally until cheese is melted.
- Serve with light sour cream and salsa.