Prep 2 mins
Cook 5 mins
These quick 'n easy quesadillas are perfect for the late night snacker with discriminating tastes, or the bachelor/ette cooking for one. (though multiples are entirely possible - cooking them simultaneously will surely take balancing!). When cut into smaller wedges, these are also ideal as appetizers, and can be served between warm and room temperature. (*a plus to serve on St. Patty's day, as all the ingredients are GREEN!)
- 1 tortilla
- 2 tablespoons pesto sauce (store bought)
- 1⁄2 zucchini
- 1⁄4 avocado
- grated monterey jack pepper cheese
- sour cream
- Cut zucchini into 1/2 cm wedges and sauté until outsides begin to get slightly crispy.
- Meanwhile, spray a large skillet with Pam, turn the stove to medium-low heat, and lay down your tortilla.
- Coat the entire tortilla with a thin coat of pesto.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese.
- When zucchini is done, spread pieces over one half of the tortilla.
- Cut avocado into slices and spread evenly over zucchini.
- Fold over quesadilla, and turn heat up to medium-high.
- Flip occasionally until cheese is melted.
- Serve with light sour cream and salsa.
Very interesting, maybe next time I will add onions and chicken!
Nice inventive way to use zucchini! Thanks Maesyn- Roxygirl
Nummy! I have made this recipe many times...as written...and I also like to cut the zucchini into thin strips and grill them so that they have nice grill marks before I throw them into the tortilla. Either way, these have awesome flavor...just take it easy on the pesto and cheese because together they make it really easy to end up in a place that is far greasier than you might like!