Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is another way I like to prepare the zucchini that is so plentiful now. Yellow squash, or a combination of both, can also be used.
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon walnuts
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 2 large summer squash, sliced 1/4 inch thick (yellow or zucchini)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup onion, sliced
- To make the pesto, place the basil, garlic, two tablespoons olive oil, walnuts and parmesan cheese in a food processor.
- Pulse until a coarse paste forms; set aside.
- Heat the one tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet.
- Add the squash, onion and mushrooms.
- Cook until just soft.
- Toss in the pesto.
- Check the seasonings.
- Serve warm.
This is delicious. I used some homemade pesto I had on hand making the recipe extremely quick and easy to put together. I think it took 15 minutes, start to finish. This is a natural combination that's a real summertime keeper.