Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Here I go again. A take off of my Pesto. Sneaking in good for you foods. Kale! It fights fat is high in fiber, vitamin A, calcium, a great sources of beta-carotene, one of the antioxidants believed by many nutrition experts to be a major player in the battle against cancer, heart disease, and certain age-related chronic diseases, it also provides other important nutrients. Check out some good information on kale here http://benefitof.net/benefits-of-kale/ Do make the whole amount and freeze as ice cubes to add to soups.
- 3 large garlic cloves
- 2 cups packed basil, rinsed (or fresh as you can)
- 1 cup kale, rinsed, stems removed saving for stock
- 1⁄2 cup toasted pine nuts, cooled
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese (either or both) or 1 cup romano cheese (either or both)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil, depending on how creamy you want it you can add up to double the amount
- While processot is running add garlic.
- Put in next 4 ingredients. Pulse to blend.
- Slowly add oil through feed tube to make a nice paste.
- Season with Pepper and salt if desired.
- Do take note the cheese has high sodium.