1/2 Photos of Pesto With Kale
Here I go again. A take off of my Pesto. Sneaking in good for you foods. Kale! It fights fat is high in fiber, vitamin A, calcium, a great sources of beta-carotene, one of the antioxidants believed by many nutrition experts to be a major player in the battle against cancer, heart disease, and certain age-related chronic diseases, it also provides other important nutrients. Check out some good information on kale here http://benefitof.net/benefits-of-kale/ Do make the whole amount and freeze as ice cubes to add to soups.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 large garlic cloves
- 2 cups packed basil, rinsed (or fresh as you can)
- 1 cup kale, rinsed, stems removed saving for stock
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts, cooled
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese (either or both) or 1 cup romano cheese (either or both)
- 1/4 cup olive oil, depending on how creamy you want it you can add up to double the amount
- 1While processot is running add garlic.
- 2Put in next 4 ingredients. Pulse to blend.
- 3Slowly add oil through feed tube to make a nice paste.
- 4Season with Pepper and salt if desired.
- 5Do take note the cheese has high sodium.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pesto With Kale
Serving Size: 1 (25 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 95.7
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 5.8 mg
- Sodium 104.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 3.5 g