Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
A really delicious vegetable casserole that is filling enough for a main course. You can also add a couple cups of chopped, cooked chicken if you want. One casserole equals 8 servings.
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen peas
- 1 (9 ounce) box frozen artichoke hearts, partially thawed
- 32 ounces low fat cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato, diced
- 5 ounces fresh spinach, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup roasted red pepper, chopped
- 1 cup pesto sauce (I used Classico brand ready made)
- 1 1⁄4 cups parmesan cheese, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups bechamel sauce
- 1 1⁄2 lbs bow tie pasta
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil for the pasta.
- Meanwhile in a large bowl, mix peas, artichoke hearts, cottage cheese, tomatoes, spinach, red pepper, pesto sauce, 1 cup Parmesan cheese, nutmeg, pepper, salt and Bechamel sauce.
- Cook pasta according to pkg directions.
- When pasta is al dente, drain and add to mixture in bowl.
- Grease two 9 x 12 inch baking dishes.
- Divide mixture between dishes.
- Sprinkle top evenly with remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Freeze one dish for another time if desired.
- Bake the other for 30 minutes until bubbly.