Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon margarine or 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (4 2/3 ounce) package Pasta Roni, chicken & broccoli linguine mix
- 1 lb skinless boneless turkey breasts or 1 lb chicken breast, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium red bell peppers or 1 medium green bell pepper, sliced
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup prepared pesto sauce
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts or 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- grated parmesan cheese, optional
- In large saucepan, bring 1 1/2 cups water, milk and margarine to a boil.
- Stir in pasta and Special Seasonings.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Gently boil 1 minute.
- Add turkey, bell pepper and onion.
- Return to a boil.
- Gently boil 8 to 9 minutes or until pasta is tender and turkey is no longer pink inside, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in pesto.
- Let stand 3 to 5 minutes before serving.
- Sprinkle with nuts and cheese, if desired.
- Tip: To make your own pesto, blend 2 cups fresh parsley or basil, 2 cloves garlic and 1/3 cup walnuts in a blender or food processor.
- Slowly add 1/2 cup olive oil and 1/4 cup Parmesancheese.