Recipe by JackieOhNo!
I am always looking for recipes that my boyfriend, Bill, can take to work for his lunch. I like to make sure they include both some protein and carbs, since he does heavy physical labor and needs to be appropriately refueled. I came up with this recipe, which met those requirements, and it tastes great, too! It's simple, quick, and travels well.
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna in olive oil, drained and flaked
- 4 tablespoons prepared pesto sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 lemons, juice of or 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 (8 ounce) cansliced black olives
- 3 cups rotini pasta, uncooked
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta cooks, mix tuna, pesto, pepper, mayonnaise, cheese, olives, and lemon juice in a large bowl.
- When pasta is cooked, drain and rinse with cold water.
- Add pasta to tuna mixture and mix well.
- Refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving.