Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I had tuna, but none of the usual ingredients I mix in. I found pesto in the back of the fridge. It's unusual I know, but we really liked the flavour combination, even my husband who hates trying new things :-) Note: the cook time is for refrigeration.
- Make sure the tuna is as well drained as possible, I squeeze mine in a sieve.
- Mix with pesto and pepper to taste.
- If you want a more"spreadable" consistency, mix in the mayonnaise.
- A little lemon juice adds some zing if you like a more tangy flavour.
- Refrigerate for at least 20minutes to allow flavours to meld.
- Serve either as a sandwich or on crackers.
This was very good! I used basil walnut pesto since that is what I had. I had some plain and some on a sandwich. Thanks!
Made this on Monday for lunch on Tuesday then plans changed so had the pleasure of eating this yesterday. It makes a very quick lunch fix. I served it with assorted fresh veggies and a crisp bread. Easy and delicious.
So I missed the whole "Refrigerate 20 minutes" part, and I got to tell you, it isn't really necessary. :) This is some of the most delicious tuna I have ever had! I used a 6oz. packet of tuna, and the mayo and lemon juice. YUM! Thank you for posting.