Recipe by MrsSPheonix
I had tuna, but none of the usual ingredients I mix in. I found pesto in the back of the fridge. It's unusual I know, but we really liked the flavour combination, even my husband who hates trying new things :-) Note: the cook time is for refrigeration.
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna in water, drained
- 2 tablespoons genovese pesto sauce, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise, optional
- 1 lemon, juice of, optional
Directions See How It's Made
- Make sure the tuna is as well drained as possible, I squeeze mine in a sieve.
- Mix with pesto and pepper to taste.
- If you want a more"spreadable" consistency, mix in the mayonnaise.
- A little lemon juice adds some zing if you like a more tangy flavour.
- Refrigerate for at least 20minutes to allow flavours to meld.
- Serve either as a sandwich or on crackers.