Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is one of my favorite Pampered Chef recipes that is good served hot or cold. Often I make this when my husband is out of town and eat it for several dinners. I never tire of eating this salad. You can substitute pine nuts for the walnuts.
- 9 ounces cheese tortellini, uncooked
- 1 medium zucchini, cut in half lengthwise and sliced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, cut into halves
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup basil pesto
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 walnuts, chopped and toasted
- Cook tortellini according the directions on the package. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Combine Mayonnaise, pesto,and garlic. Add the tortellini, zucchini, tomatoes, and walnuts; mix gently.
- Can serve immediately or cover and refrigerate.
This was a really nice pasta salad! I used pine nuts instead of the walnuts (personal preference), and the tortellini was whole wheat, but everything else was as-written. I found it to be a teensy bit too mayonnaise-y for my tastes, but I only like mayo in small doses, so that's just me. I had some both warm and cold, and both were delicious. Thanks for posting! Made for PAC Fall 07.