Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
This salad was a daily special at our cafe. Perfect for a potluck!
- 1 lb tortellini (Pesto filling best)
- 1 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- 1 cup chopped fresh carrot
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh red onion
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cups fresh basil (un-packed)
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- salt and pepper
- Place fresh basil, pine nuts, olive oil and garlic into a blender and blend until smooth. Add salt to taste. Set aside.
- Prepare tortellini as package describes. Drain and chill.
- Parboil broccoli, drain and chill.
- When pasta is cool add veggies, mayo, pesto and toss.
- Garnish with Basil leaves and pine nuts.