Recipe by mandabears
This is good as an appetizer, serve with toothpicks or as a very good pasta salad. I first tried this recipe for Stephanie's Bat Mitzvah.
Top Review by megs_
I used pre-made pesto & whole wheat tortellini. I tried a small bowl warm, and then refrigerated the rest. I took the cold leftovers as lunch with me the next day... it was so tasty and even better then! definitely a keeper, very versatile. thanks!
- 236.59 ml fresh parsley leaves, remove stems
- 59.14 ml pine nuts
- 2 garlic cloves
- 9.85 ml dried basil
- 4.92 ml salt
- 158.51 ml olive oil
- 118.29 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 453.59 g cheese tortellini
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop parsley in a blender or food processor.
- With motor still running, add pine nuts, garlic cloves, basil and salt.
- Continue processing until garlic is finely chopped.
- Slowly drizzle in olive oil.
- Then stop machine and fold in parmesan cheese.
- Cook tortellini according to package directions.
- Drain and toss with sauce.
- Serve as an appetizer at room temperature with toothpicks.
- Or serve chilled as a salad.
- Can also serve warm as a pasta dish.