1/2 Photos of Pesto Torte
8 hrs 10 mins
This fabulous torte can be made without the sun-dried tomatoes. The combination of cream cheese and pesto is mouth-watering. The original recipe comes from Ann Hodgman's Beat This cookbook. I reduced the amount of butter used, and I like to make it in a loaf pan rather than custard cups! You can use basil or artichoke pesto, and I often use dry packed tomatoes but reduce the quantity by half.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat cream cheese and butter until well blended.
- 2Mix pesto and parmesan cheese in small bowl.
- 3Line two 8 oz custard cups (or loaf pan) with plastic wrap.
- 4Divide cream cheese mixture into four parts (2 for a loaf) Spoon 1/4 of cream cheese mixture into each custard cup.
- 5Sprinkle each with 1/4 of the tomatoes.
- 6Spread 1/4 of the pesto mixture over tomatoes.
- 7Repeat layers.
- 8Fold plastic wrap over each torte, sealing well.
- 9Chill overnight until firm.
- 10Unmold, remove plastic wrap.
- 11Serve with crusty French bread slices.
- 12Garnish with chives, parsley, or"whatever" for color.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pesto Torte
Serving Size: 1 (96 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 375.9
- Calories from Fat 340
- Total Fat 37.8 g
- Saturated Fat 21.6 g
- Cholesterol 103.1 mg
- Sodium 429.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 5.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: