Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
These are delicious. I sometimes do these on Greek pita bread and serve them in wedges.
- 6 slices French bread, 1 ",thick
- 1⁄3 cup pesto sauce
- 1 small tomatoes, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Heat oven to 375.
- Place bread on ungreased sheet.
- Spread each slice with a scant tbsp of pesto.
- Top with tomato and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake about 8 minutes or til hot and cheese is melted.
Here is a testiment for how good this recipe is. As I was eating this pesto tomato toast, my son commented on how good it smelled. I let him have a bite and I didn't see it again! Love this combination and the ease of preparation. This will be a favorite in our household. The only thing I changed was to use shredded parmesan instead of the mozzarella. Thank you!
This was delicious!! I used recipe #144195 for the pesto sauce and recipe #194703 for the mozzarella. The Marinated mozzarella had recipe #14681 added to the jar along with a homemade dry Italian seasoning mix that I had gotten off the zaar too but can't remember which recipe. Was so good. Thanks for sharing such a great recipe bert!
It doesn't get easier or better than this. Using a good quality or homemade pesto sauce is a must! Loved it!