Recipe by GreenChile
Simple, fast and SO delicious. This is my favorite fish recipe and I always get requests for the recipe!
Top Review by FLKeysJen
A gourmet restaurant-quality dinner without any work! I tried this because I saw it in Julie F's 'Best of 2012' cookbook. I used grouper and Flora Foods' artichoke pesto in a jar for a really quick, delicious dinner! It is quite rich so you don't need big portions of fish per person.
- 5 tilapia fillets or 5 flounder fillets or 5 cod fish fillets
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup pesto sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) canpetite diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place foil on a cookie sheet. Place fish on the foil and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Top with pesto, tomatoes and then cheese (in order).
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until fish flakes with fork.
- *Note: I don't care for pesto except in this recipe. To prevent wasting the rest of the pesto in the jar, I make one recipe for dinner and freeze the ingredients to have another day. Just place each of the ingredients (except salt & pepper) in its own quart-size freezer bag, then place all in a gallon-size freezer bag along with directions and freeze. When ready to make, just thaw completely and follow the above directions to prepare.