Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Simple, fast and SO delicious. This is my favorite fish recipe and I always get requests for the recipe!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place foil on a cookie sheet. Place fish on the foil and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Top with pesto, tomatoes and then cheese (in order).
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until fish flakes with fork.
- *Note: I don't care for pesto except in this recipe. To prevent wasting the rest of the pesto in the jar, I make one recipe for dinner and freeze the ingredients to have another day. Just place each of the ingredients (except salt & pepper) in its own quart-size freezer bag, then place all in a gallon-size freezer bag along with directions and freeze. When ready to make, just thaw completely and follow the above directions to prepare.
A gourmet restaurant-quality dinner without any work! I tried this because I saw it in Julie F's 'Best of 2012' cookbook. I used grouper and Flora Foods' artichoke pesto in a jar for a really quick, delicious dinner! It is quite rich so you don't need big portions of fish per person.
Thanks for this recipe! I am a reasonably seasoned cook but had never made pesto from scratch until today. I used cod fillets and it turned out just great. Very tasty - pleased the whole family. Will definitely make this one again.
This fish is so good - and so easy too! I used my own homemade, frozen pesto. I drained the tomatoes really well - set them over a strainer while I was doing other things. I use canned tomatoes quite a bit in my cooking, but I was amazed how the tomatoes in this dish really added a burst of flavor more than usual. Maybe it was because I did drain them and they weren't watered down. In any case, give this recipe a try. It is one of the easiest and best recipes I have tried on this site! Thanks for sharing!