Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Farfalle (bowtie) pasta with a great pesto sauce. A traditional recipe in my household.
Make and share this Pesto Ties recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1⁄3-3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- basil leaves, for garnish
- 1 (16 ounce) boxdried farfalle pasta (bowtie)
- 4 quarts water, salted
- Prepare your pasta by combining 4 quarts of boiling salted water and Farfalle pasta. Boil for 10-12 minutes until al dente.
- While the pasta is boiling combine pesto ingredients in food processer.
- Process pesto on highest speed until smooth.
- Drain pasta completely.
- Combine pesto sauce and pasta together in a bowl and garnish with basil leaves.
- Serve on warm plates.
I didn't use any cayenne pepper and used less olive oil. I really loved this recipe. It is a great recipe!