Recipe by cookiedog
Swirls of pesto and sun-dried tomatoes throughout this roll. Cook time includes 30 minutes rise time.
Top Review by Susie D
I used a frozen loaf of bread dough, but followed the other ingredients and technique. The recipe made a lovely (& well received) pan of rolls. I would make these again to serve with a pot of spaghetti or pasta. They have a pretty presentation too. Thank you for sharing the recipe!
- 453.59 g box hot roll mix
- 236.59 ml warm water
- 1 egg
- 29.58 ml butter, softened
- 158.51 ml pesto sauce
- 78.07 ml drained and chopped sun-dried tomato packed in oil
- 59.16 ml freshly shredded parmesan cheese, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly grease a 13-by-9-inch baking pan; set aside.
- Prepare dough according to package directions using water, egg and butter; knead on a floured board for 5 minutes.
- Roll or press into a 12-by-14 inch rectangle.
- Spread with pesto
- Sprinkle with sun-dried tomatoes and 2 tablespoons cheese.
- Roll up dough starting at the short end.
- With a very sharp knife, cut into 12 equal pieces and place cut side up in prepared pan.
- Sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons cheese.
- Cover and let stand in a warm place for 30 minutes or until double in size.
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until cooked through.