Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
Swirls of pesto and sun-dried tomatoes throughout this roll. Cook time includes 30 minutes rise time.
- Lightly grease a 13-by-9-inch baking pan; set aside.
- Prepare dough according to package directions using water, egg and butter; knead on a floured board for 5 minutes.
- Roll or press into a 12-by-14 inch rectangle.
- Spread with pesto
- Sprinkle with sun-dried tomatoes and 2 tablespoons cheese.
- Roll up dough starting at the short end.
- With a very sharp knife, cut into 12 equal pieces and place cut side up in prepared pan.
- Sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons cheese.
- Cover and let stand in a warm place for 30 minutes or until double in size.
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until cooked through.
I used a frozen loaf of bread dough, but followed the other ingredients and technique. The recipe made a lovely (& well received) pan of rolls. I would make these again to serve with a pot of spaghetti or pasta. They have a pretty presentation too. Thank you for sharing the recipe!
Yum Yum, I cheated a bit and used some puff pastry with the pesto filling which made for yummy appetisers, a definite keeper, thanks!
Outstanding!!! These are wonderful to look at and flavorful to eat! I could not for the life of me find hot roll mix anywhere, so I used a box of Krusteaz Bread Mix. I had to add some flour to get the right consistence, but that was no fault of the recipe. They turned out fabulous. I am sure I will make these again and again. I think I may try rolling out a loaf of Rhoades frozen bread dough for added ease and see how that goes. Apparently they don't sell boxed roll mix in Alaska. At least not that I can find. Thanks Cookie for another keeper!!!! :D