Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I modified Tyler Florence's basil mayonnaise by greatly increasing the amount of basil and with the addition of Parmesan. We can't have tree nuts at our house, but I'd bet grinding walnuts into the mayonnaise would add a terrific woody texture and aroma to the whole dish. I usually prep cook the night before: that's why I dressed the cooked chicken with oil and pepper, so it would stay nice and moist.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 bunch fresh basil leaf
- 3 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 3 boneless chicken breast halves, cooked and cooled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- fresh ground pepper
- 6 large whole wheat tortillas
- 8 ounces provolone cheese, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, minced
- Combine mayonnaise, basil, chives, and lime juice in a food processor until smooth. Stir in Parmesan and refrigerate.
- Slice chicken thinly across the grain and place in a small bowl or container. Drizzle with olive oil and several grinds of fresh pepper. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside.
- To assemble, lay a tortilla flat on your work surface. Spread with pesto mayonnaise to edges. Lay a slice of provolone in the center of the wrap and top with chicken slices along the midline. Spread a scant tablespoon of tomato spread along the chicken.
- Fold up the bottom edge of the tortilla and roll closed from side to side, leaving the top open.
Great chicken wrap! I used regular tomatoes instead of sun-dried and no chives, otherwise made as directed. Loved the basil/parmesan mayo on this. Thanks for posting this recipe! Made for Fall PAC 2009