Recipe by Caroline Cooks
Interesting combo of flavors. Easy to prepare and guest-worthy.
Top Review by cboland
I followed the recipe but didn't get the same result as others who rated it highly. The sauce was thin and pretty bland. The sauce looked nothing like the picture. I also felt that there was too much pesto in the stuffing. I love pesto but the flavor totally overwhelmed the dish for me.
- 4 thick pork chops (1 1/2-2 inches)
- 4 tablespoons croutons, slightly crushed
- 3⁄4 cup pesto sauce
- 1⁄3 cup sun-dried tomato, chopped (not in oil)
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 2 -3 dashes Tabasco sauce (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut deep pockets in one side of chops.
- Mix croutons, pesto sauce, tomatoes and Tabasco, if using. Stuff pork chops.
- Stand pork chops on end; uncut side down, so that stuffing is at the top.
- Pour white wine around chops.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake at 350 F; for 40 minutes.
- Uncover and continue baking about 15-20 minutes until slightly browned.
- Remove chops to heated plates.
- Stir in about 1/3 cup additional wine or water and 2 teaspoon cornstarch to sauce.
- Whisk until thoroughly blended.
- Serve sauce by drizzling around chops.