Stuffed Mushroom Caps
- 24 small cremini mushrooms, de-stemmed
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup nama shoyu or 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- lots fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cups basil leaves, packed
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts, plus 2T ground for garnish
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- sea salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Make marinade and marinate mushroom caps for 24 hours.
- Remove mushrooms from the marinade and pat dry with a towel.
- Grind walnuts into small crumbs in a food processor and add the rest of the pâté ingredients.
- Blend until well incorporated, but not completely smooth.
- Spoon a small amount of the pesto pâté into each mushroom, and top with ground pine nuts.
- Serve as-is, or warmed in a dehydrator or very low oven for about an hour.