1/1 Photo of Pesto Stuffed Chicken Thighs
Norahs Girl's Note:
A favourite of mine for an informal dinner party. Change the basil pesto for the sun-dried tomato version for a variation!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 88.74 ml pesto sauce (basil sauce, recipe at end)
- 8 chicken thighs, boned
- 44.37 ml olive oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 (793.78 g) can chopped tomatoes
- 14.79 ml tomato puree
- fresh basil leaf (a good handful)
- 118.29 ml white wine
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 1 orange bell pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 9.85 ml ground paprika (to garnish)
- 9.85 ml basil leaves (to garnish)
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1Spread a little pesto under the skin of each chicken thigh.
- 2Heat 2 Tbsp of oil in a heavy based saucepan and sauté chicken in batches until lightly browned all over.
- 3Remove with slotted spoon and reserve whilst sautéing the remainder.
- 4Heat remaining oil in pan add onions and sauté for 3 minutes.
- 5Stir in tomatoes and tomato puree.
- 6Add basil leaves and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 7Stir in white wine and simmer for 5 minutes more.
- 8Season to taste.
- 9Lay peppers in a large ovenproof dish,pour over tomato sauce, top with chicken and sprinkle paprika over.
- 10Bake at 375°F/190°C for 25 minutes.
- 11Garnish with some more basil leaves.
- 12Pesto Sauce: Liquidise all ingredients.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pesto Stuffed Chicken Thighs
Serving Size: 1 (732 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1077.2
- Calories from Fat 741
- Total Fat 82.3 g
- Saturated Fat 18.7 g
- Cholesterol 179.4 mg
- Sodium 376.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 12.1 g
- Protein 42.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: