Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Very simple meal, just add some veggies on the side, or a spinach salad with yummy breadsticks. Not as much work as you would think.
- 59.14 ml pesto salad dressing (kraft)
- 59.14 ml parmesan cheese
- 170.09 g stove top herb stuffing mix
- 44.37 ml fresh basil (finely chopped)
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 29.58 ml minced garlic
- 236.59 ml chicken stock
- 59.14 ml mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Preheat oven 350°F.
- Lightly grease 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Place 1 chicken breast in ziplock freezer bag.
- Pound chicken breast with mallet (or soup can, or rolling pin) until chicken breast is 3/4-inch thick.
- Repeat with other 5 breasts.
- In large mixing bowl toss stuffing mix, olive oil, Parmesan cheese, garlic and basil. Add stock and toss mix until well combined and moistened.
- Take 1 chicken breast and spread stuffing mixture on one side.
- Roll breast until both ends meet.
- Place breast seam side down in baking dish.
- Repeat with other chicken breasts.
- Pour pesto salad dressing over chicken breasts.
- Cover pan with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove foil and top with mozzarella.
- Bake 15 more minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Very time consuming pounding these breast,and the basil left a sweet taste akin to anise ,i dont like a sweet or licorice taste on chicken,im sorry,these went in the garbage,
This dish was sooooo good. I made exactly as directed, but had to cook a little longer than stated, but the chicken breast that I used were pretty large, and I may not have pounded them quite thin enough. But they were so tender and they looked so pretty when I pulled them out of the oven. Thanks for the great recipe!!!!