Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Who says pesto is only for pasta? Spaghetti squash provides a starch free alternative to traditional pastas
- 1 spaghetti squash, cooked by your favorite method and separated into strands (See How to Cook Spaghetti Squash)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup pesto sauce
- 4 ounces smoked mozzarella cheese or 4 ounces plain mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat, add spaghetti squash.
- Using a couple of forks to lift, mix in pesto.
- Cook just long enough to heat through, mix in cheeses, heat until everything is well mixed and cheese is beginning to melt.
- Serve immediately.
Superb mix. I used less cheese and pesto to cut back on the fat but it still tasted decadent and totally satisfying. Great recipe, John.