Recipe by Donna M.
The perfect companion to your next Italian pasta dinner.
Top Review by CarrolJ
I made this today and although both of the guys ate several pieces, my DH said later that the Oatmeal Potato Sourdough was better which surprised me since he loves pesto. It made a beautiful loaf...I think it was just that the flavor was unusual. I used fresh grated parmesan cheese.
- 1 cup sourdough starter
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons purchased pesto sauce
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon yeast (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Add ingredients to bread machine according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Select cycle-- regular white, or dough cycle if baking in conventional oven (yeast is not necessary if baking in conventional oven).
- If baking in oven, at end of dough cycle shape into loaf and place in lightly greased bread pan, or shape into free-form loaf (round or elongate) and place on lightly greased baking sheet.
- Cover and let rise until about doubled.
- Bake at 350 degrees F about 30 to 40 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from pan and cool on wire rack.
- Brush crust with butter if a soft crust is preferred.