Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
A Rachael Ray recipe from 30-Minute Meals. If you like pesto, you'll love these smashed potatoes. They're so easy, and a nice change from regular mashed potatoes.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs small red potatoes
- coarse salt
- 1 cup stock or 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup prepared store bought pesto sauce
- Cut larger potatoes in half and leave small potatoes whole.
- Cover potatoes with water and bring water to a boil.
- Add salt and cook until potatoes are tender 10 to 12 minutes.
- Drain potatoes and return them to hot pot.
- Add broth or stock and smash the potatoes up.
- Add pesto and smash to desired consistency.
- Serve while hot.
Very good and incredibly easy to prepare. Great dish to keep in mind when the main course is rather simple and the meal needs a bit of jazzing up. Used commercial pesto, but plan to keep this in mind for homemade when my basil is going crazy in the summer. Thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for PAC Fall 2008.
This was really tasty! I did cut the recipe in half since it was just the 2 of us, and we really enjoyed it. I served it with #128046. Thanks for sharing!