Recipe by echo echo
Adapted from a recipe on the box a tube of Amore Pesto Paste came in. Quite good, I think. Preparation time doesn't include 2 hours marinating time. Instructions are for broiling but shrimp can also be grilled. PLEASE NOTE: In ingredients list, the 4th item should be "pesto paste", but the Recipezaar program turns it into "pesto sauce, paste."
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 4 teaspoons pesto sauce, paste
- 3 garlic cloves, minced or 3 teaspoons garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced scallion
- 1 1⁄2 lbs shrimp, peeled and deveined, but tails intact
- 3⁄4 lb feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 lemon, cut in 8 wedges (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 8 ingredients (oil through pepper). Add shrimp, turning to coat and marinate, covered, in fridge at least 2 hours.
- Cook orzo until al dente (10-12 minutes).
- Meanwhile, preheat broiler.
- Spread marinated shrimp in a single layer in a foil-lined broiling pan; pour marinade over shrimp.
- Broil shrimp 4 inches from heat, 3 minutes per side, until firm and lightly colored.
- Serve shrimp over orzo and pour pan juices over top. Scatter cheese and parsley over the shrimp.
- Serve with lemon wedges.