echo echo's Note:
Adapted from a recipe on the box a tube of Amore Pesto Paste came in. Quite good, I think. Preparation time doesn't include 2 hours marinating time. Instructions are for broiling but shrimp can also be grilled. PLEASE NOTE: In ingredients list, the 4th item should be "pesto paste", but the Recipezaar program turns it into "pesto sauce, paste."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 4 teaspoons pesto sauce, paste
- 3 garlic cloves, minced or 3 teaspoons garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced scallion
- 1 1/2 lbs shrimp, peeled and deveined, but tails intact
- 3/4 lb feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 lemon, cut in 8 wedges (optional)
- 1Combine first 8 ingredients (oil through pepper). Add shrimp, turning to coat and marinate, covered, in fridge at least 2 hours.
- 2Cook orzo until al dente (10-12 minutes).
- 3Meanwhile, preheat broiler.
- 4Spread marinated shrimp in a single layer in a foil-lined broiling pan; pour marinade over shrimp.
- 5Broil shrimp 4 inches from heat, 3 minutes per side, until firm and lightly colored.
- 6Serve shrimp over orzo and pour pan juices over top. Scatter cheese and parsley over the shrimp.
- 7Serve with lemon wedges.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pesto Shrimp With Orzo
Serving Size: 1 (366 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 782.3
- Calories from Fat 544
- Total Fat 60.5 g
- Saturated Fat 18.8 g
- Cholesterol 407.2 mg
- Sodium 1379.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 48.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: