Easy, delicious, and attractive. Notice how the 2 pieces of parchment paper are cut into heart shapes. Maybe could be part of a Valentines meal. LOL! I put at least 8 shrimp (the 26-30 count size) in each packet. Just remember that you need to be able to fold down the edges. I usually omit the salt.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup low sodium chicken broth, HOT
- 1/2 cup couscous, uncooked
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest (optional)
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, slivered
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 8 ounces large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 8 teaspoons sun-dried tomato pesto or 8 teaspoons basil pesto
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2Put couscous into medium sized bowl, pour broth over, cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
- 3Fold two 15 inch square pieces of parchment paper in half; cut into heart shapes.
- 4Add bell pepper, onion, oil, salt, and black pepper to couscous mixture; mix well.
- 5Unfold the parchment paper and place couscous mixture on one side of each sheet next to the fold.
- 6Arrange shrimp in a single layer over couscous mixture; top with pesto.
- 7Fold and tightly seal the edges with narrow folds.
- 8Place packets on a baking sheet with edges (just in case something leaks) and bake 14 minutes.
- 9Remove packets from oven and transfer to individual serving plates.
- 10Cut open packets and serve.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pesto Shrimp With Couscous With Parchment Paper
Serving Size: 1 (290 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 401.8
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 180.8 mg
- Sodium 485.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 31.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sun-dried tomato pesto