1/3 Photos of Pesto Shrimp Mac and Cheese
This won the BH&G Your Best Recipe Contest Casseroles Category in the February 2008 issue.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb fresh shrimp or 1 lb frozen medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 8 ounces dried elbow macaroni (2 cups)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 1/4 cups shredded Fontina cheese (5 oz.)
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 1 1/2 cups lightly packed fresh basil leaves, chopped
- fresh basil leaf
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F Remove tails from shrimp. Rinse shrimp, pat dry with paper towels. Chop shrimp and set aside.
- 2Cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain and keep warm.
- 3In large bowl stir together eggs, butter, half-and-half, 1 cup of the fontina cheese, 1/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese, garlic, pine nuts, chopped basil, and 1/4 teaspoons each salt and pepper. Stir in shrimp and macaroni. Transfer to buttered 2-quart casserole. Top with remaining cheeses.
- 4Bake uncovered, 40 to 45 minutes or until heated through and shrimp pieces are opaque. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Top with fresh basil leaves.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pesto Shrimp Mac and Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (228 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 493.6
- Calories from Fat 239
- Total Fat 26.6 g
- Saturated Fat 14.3 g
- Cholesterol 226.1 mg
- Sodium 847.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 28.6 g