Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I am always on the lookout for pesto without cheese as my daughters hate cheese! Don't know why because I love it. Anyway this recipe is from Vikki Leng.
- 3 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup fresh parsley sprig
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- Using a food processor chop parsley and basil.
- Add garlic and oil. Process for 20 seconds.
- Add pine nuts. Process.
- Serve at once or place pesto in jar in fridge with a little olive oil on top to preserve.
wonderful vegan pesto...I toasted the pinenuts in S&P and added some walnuts too...extra garlic because I am a garlic-y type gal...huge hit as a spread on a garlic bread I made- thanks for a great recipe share...
Very good and tastie. I added extra garlic and the juice and zest o one small lemon.
I really like this recipe to start with, but I used 4 tbsp of cashews instead and added salt, because it was very bland.