Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A nice change from normal tomato-based pizza sauce. This is really nice with goat's cheese, roasted garlic pieces, and roasted halved cherry tomatoes.
- 473.18 ml fresh basil
- 236.59 ml fresh Italian parsley
- 118.29 ml parmesan cheese or 118.29 ml romano cheese, grated
- 118.29 ml pine nuts, toasted
- 4 clove garlic, roughly chopped
- 1.23 ml salt
- 0.59 ml red pepper flakes
- 118.29 ml olive oil
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- 29.58 ml water
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender.
- Puree until the mixture forms a smooth, thick paste.
- Topping ideas for pesto pizza: Sliced crimini mushrooms.
- Reconstituted sun-dried tomatoes.
- Sliced black olives.
- Shaved Parmesan cheese.
This turned out great! I omitted the pine nuts, but followed the rest of the recipe and used it to top a naan bread which I then sprinkled with parm/romano/asiago. I baked it @ 350 for 15+/- minutes. Just fabulous!
This was a wonderful change for pizza. I have also used it for omelettes with mushrooms and spinach.