Recipe by Pianolady
Another delicious recipe from Ina Garten / The Barefoot Contessa. Delicious served on her "Pesto Pea Salad" which I have posted here as well. The best pesto we have ever had by far.
Top Review by KPD
this was a great addition to my dd's spaghetti dinner birthday party! i made this up ahead of time, which is always a bonus! i followed the recipe exactly except for using asiago instead of parm. everyone loved this and there was hardly any leftover! gotta love miss ina! i remember this episode with the pasta, pesto and peas. thanks so much for posting!! this is the best pesto i've made yet!
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup pignolis (pine nuts)
- 3 tablespoons of diced garlic (9 cloves)
- 5 cups fresh basil leaves, packed
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup of freshly grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the walnuts, pignolis, and garlic in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade.
- Process for 30 seconds.
- Add the basil leaves, salt, and pepper.
- With the processor running, slowly pour the olive oil into the bowl through the feed tube and process until the pesto is finely pureed.
- Add the Parmesan Cheese and puree for a minute.
- Serve, or store the pesto in the refrigerator or freezer with a thin film of olive oil on top.