Recipe by WiGal
This Italian sandwich comes from the World Hearth site. Did change the portion amount after Crafty's review.
Top Review by CraftScout
This was tasty, and a cute way to serve a sandwich. :) Anything with pesto on it is a winner at this house, but I should caution future chefs: Find a WIDE loaf of sourdough. Mine was more tall than wide, so the 6 of us looked at the loaf, and said, "No way that feeds 6. Maybe 4." The amount of filling was fine, and we were all pleasantly full, it just looked like it wasn't enough. I did sub canned diced tomatoes due to salmonella outbreak here in US. Thank you for posting, made for ZWT4.
- 1 loaf sourdough bread, round, uncut
- 6 ounces smoked chicken, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup pesto sauce
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, cut in rings
- 1 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 8 slices mozzarella cheese